Monday, September 2, 2013

One & Only

I have always been raised to respect the elders and stay humble in the face of success. In fact, my own immediate family have never celebrated any of my so called "achievement" thus far. There was never a point where I was good enough. When I was there to meet their expectation, they just simply raise the bar higher for me. Well, the world is limitless. What you can achieve is limitless right?. I am not complaining as these are the values that bring me to where I am today.

So why is it still so difficult for me to stay humble?

Recently I got a rude awakening and it was a huge slap to my ego. Before the event, I feel that I'm invincible. I dare to dream of perfection and to be honest, I've been there. However,  it does not mean you'll be there forever and you can still Fail! :(

To the main point of the post (What!? loooong paragraph but not the main point..hehe) In the face of failure, I am ashamed to admit I have not so good thoughts in my head. Thoughts that I will not reveal here.
Thoughts that I only feel safe to blurt out to my one and only. Not even to my family or closest friend. To the one and only person who will not judge me, who will understand why, who I'm confident will still love me with all his heart.

Catfish, I have a lot of stories to tell you tonight.. so clear your schedule and prepare a cup of hot choco!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts: